Friday, April 8, 2011

little baby

So to get everyone updated, even though I don't even think anyone reads my blog, oh well, it kind of feels like keeping a journal anyways. :)
So I went to the doctor last week and they said that I was measuring a few centimeters small. So the doctor was a little concerned and so he sent me in to have an ultrasound and is showed that David was measuring small, he was in the 10th percentile, which the doctor said that is the danger zone for babies for how far along I am. So I started freaking out of course and he said the we will have to keep him monitored and we might have to deliver him early.
So I went and met with the high risk doctor and they did another ultrasound. This one showed more detail and that David was really healthy inspite of him being small and that everything else looked good. So the doctor said the same thing, to just keep him monitored every week.
So I went and saw my regular doctor on April 4th, and I had a non stress test done. That is where they hook me up to the baby heart monitor and the contraction monitor just to monitor the baby's heart rate for like 45 minutes. That test ended up being good, so for now baby David gets to stay in for at least another week.
I have another non stress test on Monday, and then another ultrasound on the 14th. If he hasn't gained any weight in that ultrasound then they will probably deliver him!
I am really nervous, at the last ultrasound he was weighing 4 pounds 8 oz. I am scared to have a little small baby! I hope that he has gained some weight at his next check up! The funny thing too is that I am bigger this time then I was when I was pregnant with Ben and he was 8 pounds 10 oz. The doctor said that he was an extra big baby, so he was like the exception. hahah so funny! But whatever happens I just hope that the baby will be healthy when he gets here!

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady, I read your blog and I'm sure many others do too. Keep updating!

    I'm sorry you had that scare. Glad everything has checked out ok though.

    ReplyDelete