Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First night

So we started Ben on his new sleeping pattern last night and he did great! I only had to go and put him back in his bed twice, but I did have to lay with him until he fell asleep, which wasn't very long. It was hard to get him to just lay down in his bed the first time to get him to just go to bed, he gets scared in his room, even though we have lights in there and he was clutching to his stuffed animals and I had to give him a flashlight and lay down with him, but I was impressed with how well he did. Hopefully we will get to a point where I won't have to lay down with him and he will just go back to sleep instead of getting up. But we made a rule chart for him to follow and hung it up in his room and whenever he followed the rules the whole night he got a star sticker on his chart and then got a special reward from the reward basket that I put together for him. So he got a reward this morning! Hope it all keeps going good! I love him so much but it is so nice to have our bed to ourselves!

1 comment: